Make a Rube Goldberg on your Mobile Device or Computer!
Rube Works Home | Reviews | CCSS/NGSS Alignment | Press | Support
Official Rube Works Trailer from Unity Games on Vimeo.
Do you have what it takes to turn Rube Goldberg’s humorous comics and cartoons into elaborate and incredible machines?
Developed by Electric Eggplant in partnership with Kalani Games and the Heirs of Rube Goldberg and published by Unity Games, Rube Works: The Official Rube Goldberg Invention Game is the first officially licensed Rube Goldberg game.
Rube Works features Rube’s cartoons, contraptions, and irreverent humor and animates the iconic invention cartoons in a way never seen before. The game combines the puzzle genre with slapstick humor and creative problem solving. Imagine the goal is to carve a turkey—and you have a penguin, a bucket, a rooster, a box of sand, a sea sponge, a seesaw and an ice cream maker to complete the task. Then imagine connecting these objects together with string and pulleys along with the laws of gravity and cartoon physics to create a Rube Goldberg machine and proceed to the next level.
Rube Works is now available for download on the iTunes App Store for iPad and iPhone, for Android on Google Play or the Amazon Appstore, for Mac on the Mac App Store, and now for Windows, Mac, and Linux on Steam.
Here’s what reviewers are saying about Rube Works:
- “This app is amazing and rich on so many levels. I highly recommend this app...” more»
— Coralee Smith, NSTA Recommends (National Science Teachers Association)
- “...there’s hardly a better game on Android than Rube Works right now.” more»
— Stephen Yuen, AndroidSPIN
- “If you like building crazy contraptions, you'll love this app.” more»
— Rick Broida, CNET
- “Rube Works puts a fun twist on learning... Once kids get started and see their contraptions in action, they will be inspired to keep learning and inventing.” more»
— Debbie Berk, Common Sense Media
- “...the first contraption building game officially sanctioned by the Rube Goldberg estate and it's done the family name proud. It's a sharp, slick recreation of Goldberg's artistic work that offers a unique and accessible puzzle challenge.” more»
— Danny Gallagher, TouchArcade
- “Rube Works is a challenging and fun game that can also teach the user about physics and logic, while not appearing to be an educational app. Rube Works makes the iPad a great learning tool and I highly recommend this beautiful and well made app.” more»
— Todd Bernhard, iPhone Life
- “You haven’t seen puzzle solving until you try to build one of these intricate machines... This is the first game I have ever seen that incorporates Rube Goldberg’s original ideas. The illustrations are charming and sweet... This game is wonderful and fun and great for puzzle solving enthusiasts. Fans of cause-and-effect puzzles should not miss this.” more»
— Lory, PadGadget
- “...an outstanding and amazing 3D puzzle with fun music and animation. It will provide you with hours of brainwork... I highly recommend this app for the budding engineer or those with a knack for making contraptions!” more»
— Jackie Bryla, Teachers With Apps